Requirements for a Portuguese Business Visa Application
The following nationals must apply in person for their Portugal Visas:Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Burundi, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Hong Kong CID,
Frandesspas Document, Indonesia, Iran , Iraq, Jordan, Kazakstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Nepal, N. Korea, Oman, Pakistan,
Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Travel Document holders, Tunisia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Siera Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Surinam,
Syria, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For all other nationalities please see the requirements listed below
- Passport valid for minimum of 3 months beyond the validity of requested visa
- 2 clear pages in your passport
- UK Residency permit valid for minimum of 3 months beyond the validity of requested visa.It must be stamped in your passport or be in form of a plastic identity card. If you are on “dependant” visa in the UK, which states the name of your spouse or unmarried partner please contact The Schengen Office before sending your documents.
- Original 3 months bank statements, showing positive balance of minimum £50 per day in Portugal and salary being paid in[Explained]
- Last three months payslips
- Letter of invitation from the host company in Portugal (fax copy of their company letterhead)
- Proof of Fully Paid Travel. [Explained]
- Proof of your occupation in the UK: Employment Letter, Self Employment or College Letter. [Explained]If unemployed, retired or housewife please contact The Schengen Office before sending your documents.
- Travel Insurance - CANNOT BE PART OF YOUR TRAVEL BOOKING. INSURANCE MUST BE TAKEN OUT SEPARATELY
- 3 Colour Passport Photographs
- Proof of accommodation in Portugal
- Important Notice - If travelling by CAR/VEHICLE (unless it is a coach tour) we are unable to help with your application
- Complete and sign the Portuguese Visa application form [Download]
- Complete and sign the "The Schengen Office Case Sheet"
and "The Schengen Office Terms and Conditions" [Download]
- The Schengen Office Handling Fee
For detailed instructions on how to apply for visa through Schengen Office please click here.
Spouse/Family member of EU National
If you are married to/dependant on British national please contact The Schengen Office to discuss your requirements.
If you are travelling with children under age of 18 please check with us if we can assist before sending your documents.
If you are holding a valid Schengen visa we will not be able to apply for a new one until the day after your current visa expires.
Portuguese "Business Visa" Fees:
Official Schengen visa fee is: €60 (approx. £53.00)
Schengen Office Service Fee £84.00
Total Cost through The Schengen Office is currently: £137.00*
*Note: Includes €60 Embassy fee
Current estimated processing time for a Portuguese visa is 10-21 working days
The above documentation is a summary only. Additional documentation
may be requested by the Embassy.
INSUFFICIENT OR INCORRECT DOCUMENTATION MAY RESULT IN DELAYS OR REJECTION
OF YOUR VISA APPLICATION. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLAIMER
AND THE SCHENGEN OFFICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.